5 Ways to Gift Your Home Care Aides This Holiday Season
November is National home care and hospice Month, but it also means that the holidays are right around the corner—are you ready? This is a great time to celebrate your loved ones as well as your caregiving staff. If you are not a huge “gift-giver”, gifting employees may not seem like a natural gesture. But don’t turn away from it!
Why You Should Practice Gifting Your Employees
Gifting is a great way to motivate employees and reduce the risk of workplace burnout, a common pitfall in a grueling environment such as healthcare. Some of the benefits of gifting your staff include boosting employee work satisfaction, strengthening workplace camaraderie and honoring milestones your staff have crossed in the past year. Though we love gifting our own employees here at CellTrak, we’d be lying if we did not acknowledge that gifting can be very pricey! The variety and convenience of corporate gifts has increased dramatically over the past few years, but the price is nothing to sneeze at. Still, a great gesture doesn’t have to break the bank! Here are 5 inexpensive ways to thank your staff for their wonderful work providing care in the home.
How To Gift Your Employees
- Use Thnks - a low-cost gifting application - digital gifts are a great way to save on shipping costs if your agency operates in multiple locations, or if you work remotely. Thanks allows you to send a wide array of digital gift cards anywhere In the country. All you need is an email address to send a thank you to your staff.
- Host a virtual happy hour – while many offices are limiting the time that aides can spend in the office due to COVID restrictions, virtual events can bring a team together and make them feel special. A virtual happy hour is a great way to connect with your staff on a personal level that you may not have the opportunity to do typically.
- Are You a CellTrak customer? Send a home care hero pin – CellTrak users can reach out to their account managers and request home care hero pins at no cost to you. This is a great way to thank the aides for what they do to make care possible.
- Write a handwritten note to each of your aides - the best gifts are the ones that come straight from the heart. If you don’t have a lot of budget to spend on gifting your aides, a handwritten note telling them how much you appreciate them can be just as meaningful.
- Send company swag – Does your office have company-branded merch? Gift it to your staff! Branded swag items such as tee shirts, mugs, pens, you name it—are a great way to make your employees feel connected to their workplace during a disconnected time. You can save time on shipping costs by asking them to pick up their swag from the office.
One of the most worthy investments you can make is an investment in your workforce. No matter how you celebrate the holidays, be sure to let your employees know that you care and are thinking of them this holiday season.
Questions about CellTrak? Visit our About Us page or click here to learn about CellTrak virtues.