It isn’t easy to deliver home care efficiently and effectively. There are just so many variables, including:
- Caregivers call in sick
- Traffic causes delays
- A client has “just one more question” that requires communication with the care coordinator
- Emergencies pop up – and always at the most inopportune times
On any given day, it's impossible to predict which spinning plate is perilously close to falling off its stick.
And yet, all of these little surprises can adversely affect an agency's operational, clinical and financial performance.
Take Action Before the Plate Drops
How does a circus performer manage to keep all those plates spinning? Good vision, nimble movements, and speedy reactions. A home care agency needs the same attributes: insight into what’s happening in the field, agility to adjust on the fly, and rapid responses in the field. An organization with these capabilities can mitigate risk, hold down home care costs, and keep clients thrilled with the care they receive.
However, unlike a circus performer who had to practice for years to perfect his talent, all an agency needs is an effective mobile health care delivery solution. When the unexpected happens, the right mobile solution will keep everyone informed and enable the agency to take immediate action.
For example, if a visit is running long, a real-time alert can inform care coordinators in the office. This single alert can initiate processes, such as sending a nearby caregiver to cover the next client on the schedule. Consider these advantages:
- A care coordinator can find qualified staff that are nearby, thereby holding down mileage costs
- Secure two-way messaging facilitates communication between the care coordinator and the caregiver
- Just-in-time information about the client and the visit can be delivered automatically to the caregiver, saving time and mileage while also enabling care plan compliance and reducing the care and business risks related to non-compliance
- Support can be maintained for all of the in-field and office workflows related to the change, reducing administrative time while keeping revenue flowing
The best mobile solutions provide configurable real-time alerts on any piece of data that is generated or collected at the point-of-care, and can support workflows to deliver a smart, fast response.
When agencies have the insight, the agility, and the ability to respond rapidly, they can reduce home care costs and risk. Learn more in “14 Ways a Complete Mobile Health Care Delivery Management Solution Helps Your Bottom Line.”